The specific goals of the Laboratory are:
- Promote research and application of quantitative methods in finance for the advancement of the field of financial engineering;
- Contribute to the formation of higher competences in financial engineering;
- Be a key player in the vulgarisation of financial instruments needed for financial risk management and alternative risk transfer in the finance industry and its professionals;
- Establish and maintain close collaboration between researchers, students and professionals in finance;
- Become a multidisciplinary and interuniversity excellent research centre in financial engineering.